Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe
Try this nice strawberry cheesecake recipe !
* 10 oz. frozen strawberries
* 5 Tbsp. sugar
* 2 tsp. lemon juice
* 2 cups raw almonds
* 2 oz. unsalted butter, softened
* ½ tsp. kosher salt
* 1 lb. cream cheese, at room temperature
* 7 ½ oz. sugar
* 3 large eggs, at room temperature
* 1 ½ tsp. vanilla extract
* 12 oz. sour cream, at room temperature
* 4 oz. chocolate, 50-55% cacao recommended, chopped finely
* 4 ½ oz. heavy cream
* ½ large egg, obtained by beating 1, weighing, and using half
The cheesecake, ready to bake in its bain marie
For the strawberry puree:
* In a small sieve, thaw strawberries over a small saucepan and strain out the juice completely by pressing down on the strawberries with a spatula. (Reserve pulp -- it should be about 5 oz.) Simmer the juice over medium-high heat and reduce to a third of original volume, about 2oz.
* Add 2 Tbsp. sugar to reduction and stir to dissolve. Place juice, pulp, and lemon juice in food processor and blend. Set aside to cool.
For the almond crust:
* Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
* Pulverize almonds, 3 Tbsp. sugar, and 1/4 tsp. salt in food processor until crumbly. Add butter and pulse to combine.
* Press into bottom and sides of 9” springform pan (2.5” tall)
* Bake 15-20 minutes, or until deep golden brown. Set aside to cool while you make the cheesecake.
For the cheesecake:
* Beat cream cheese and 7.5 ounces sugar until very smooth (about 3 minutes) in a stand mixer at medium speed using the whisk attachment.
* Add eggs, one at a time, scraping bowl and beating after each just until smooth. Add vanilla & 1/4 tsp. salt and beat until incorporated.
* Beat in sour cream, then 2/3 cup of the cooled strawberry puree.
* Wrap the springform pan with a double layer of aluminum foil. Pour batter into crust and place pan in a bain marie (hot water bath, see photo above).
* Bake 45-55 minutes, until set.
With about 5 minutes to go before the cheesecake is done, make ganache topping:
* Boil cream. Pour over chocolate and let sit a minute. Whisk gently until chocolate is melted and smooth. Gently whisk in egg.
* Spread over hot cheesecake (careful, and don’t pour it all in one place as cheesecake is fragile). Make pretty the top by swirling with knife or spatula.
* Bake 12-15 more minutes until ganache is set along the sides. Remove cake from oven and place on a cooling rack, with a large mixing bowl over the pan. (This allows it to cool slowly.) When it reaches room temp, refrigerate. Chill 8 hours before unmolding.
* To unmold, run a thin blade knife around the cake pan sides. remove springform. Gently slide cake onto serving plate. Cut cake with knife run under hot water, then dried. The strawberry cheesecake recipe is ready to serve...nice !
Labels: strawberry cheesecake recipe